The World Justice Challenge is a global competition to identify, recognize, and promote good practices and high-impact projects and policies that protect and advance the rule of law. As a key component of the next World Justice Forum 2022: Building More Just Communities, this year’s World Justice Challenge is dedicated to addressing structural inequities and governance weaknesses exacerbated by the COVID-19 crisis.
WJP invites entries from projects that strengthen the foundational elements of the rule of law, support a just recovery from COVID-19, and tackle the root causes of societies’ persistent inability to deliver a dignified life for all.
About the Challenge:
● Cash awards ($20,000 USD each) will go to five projects that show demonstrable results and promising prospects for future progress and replication/scaling.
● The competition is multidisciplinary and open to organizations worldwide, including, but not limited to: non-profits; social entrepreneurs; media; national and multilateral government agencies; local government bodies; businesses/private sector enterprises; bar associations; and law firms from any country or territory in the world.
● The five winning initiatives will be selected in the following manner:
- Four winners will be chosen by a committee of experienced judges under the following three Challenge themes (one winner per theme), plus one special prize:
- A fifth winner will be selected by a network of finalists from previous World Justice Challenge competitions
● Finalists will be invited to present their projects in person at the World Justice Forum in The Hague, Netherlands and online.
● Applications are due December 10, 2021 by midnight EST.
Help us spread the word!
To encourage participation among civil society, private sector, and governmental entities worldwide, we are reaching out to key organizations that have a voice in their communities. We would appreciate if National Youth Council of Macedonia (NYCM) could share information about the Challenge with relevant rule of law actors in your national and regional networks. Promotion on social media (e.g. Twitter, Facebook) is especially welcome, using the hashtag #WorldJusticeChallenge2022
Suggested promotional text: “Now open for submissions, the World Justice Challenge 2022 seeks to recognize initiatives that address rule of law challenges on the path to COVID-19 recovery. Cash awards of $20,000 USD will go to five projects that show results and promising prospects for future progress and replication/scaling. Apply by Dec 10: https://worldjusticeproject.
Suggested promotional tweet: “Apply by Dec 10! @TheWJP #WorldJusticeChallenge2022 recognizes #ruleoflaw initiatives that address COVID19 recovery. $20,000 cash awards will go to 5 projects that show results and promising future prospects https://bit.ly/2Zws8U6”
Thank you for sharing this opportunity with your network and considering a submission. In the coming weeks, we will also be launching details and registration for the World Justice Forum 2022, so please sign up to our mailing list to receive all the latest information!
If you have any questions or comments, email us at engagement@