About the Fellowship
The CPI Innovation Fellows Program is an exciting opportunity for aspiring policy practitioners from the Western Balkans to gain exposure to the field of public sector innovation, complement their university learning with practical professional experience, and learn the fundamentals of innovation methods.
The Fellowship is of interest to students and recent graduates wishing to explore pathways into public sector innovation careers and those eager to be a part of the emerging movement of applying innovation methods to the design and implementation of public policies and services in the Western Balkans.
Over the course of 4 months (September – December 2021), Fellows will be engaged in various activities related to project design and implementation, policy research and writing, content production and public communications, community building, and other tasks determined jointly with each Fellow. In addition, all Fellows will participate in learning activities and benefit from career growth support.
The Innovation Fellows Program is a non-residential fellowship, organized via online communication channels from the Fellows’ places of residence. The expected time commitment is up to 10 hours/week based on an individually tailored schedule, enabling Fellows to partake in the Program alongside their studies and other obligations.
The Center for Policy Innovation is a recently established think and do tank dedicated to harnessing behavioral insights, human-centered design and other experimental methods for designing solutions that improve people’s lives, the first of its kind in the region. Our mission is to help empower the future as well as seasoned policymakers to employ the latest innovation know-how to deliver value for citizens.
What we offer
- Being part of the process of bringing to life new ways of thinking and doing for achieving social impact through innovative public policy, including the emerging trends of experimentation and behavioral design
- On-the-job-learning and the possibility of career mentoring
- Online learning opportunities and workshops with international experts (topics including, among others, behavioral insights for public policy, human-centered design, evidence-based policymaking, management and assessment of reform processes, international approaches to development)
- Space and support for exploring and designing own initiatives/project ideas
- Certificate of Achievement, listing the achievements, skills and expertise developed over the course of the Fellowship
- Letters of Reference for future academic and employment opportunities
- Possibility of joining the CPI team upon completion of the Fellowship, based on mutual fit
Who we are looking for
- Highly motivated university students and recent graduates from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia or Serbia (demonstrated by previous involvement in extracurricular activities).
- Master’s students or recent graduates in any of the following disciplines: Political Science/Public Administration, Economics, Psychology, Management and Organizational Sciences, Law and other related fields. Highly driven students currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree are also encouraged to apply.
- Candidates comfortable learning and expressing themselves in English, and with excellent writing skills in any of the regional languages (Albanian, Bosnian/Montenegrin/Serbian, Macedonian).
- Enthusiastic and curious individuals committed to continuous learning and growth. Ideally, you will be excited about the idea of discovering new approaches to designing public policies and employing innovation methods for public good.
- Any of the following skills will be considered an advantage (but are not required): statistical analysis, social media communications management, audio recording/editing.
- Open-minded individuals with positive attitude towards working with colleagues from diverse backgrounds, problem-solving mindset and ability to deliver on tasks in a timely manner in a remote working environment.
How to apply
If the CPI Innovation Fellows Program strikes a chord with you, we would be happy to receive your application. Please submit your CV and cover letter (max 1 page) outlining your motivation for joining the program to [email protected]
Applications should be submitted no later than 23 June 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an online interview. Interviews will be held from 28 to 30 June 2021.
For any questions you can email us at [email protected]