Are you willing to have A more ACTIVE role as a CITIZEN?
Are you looking for more active and participatory learning opportunities?
Would you like to discover and experience more about ACTIVE CITIZENSHIP values such as SELF-KNWOLEDGE, EMPATHY, ACTIVE LISTENING through the use of the universal language of HUMAN MUSICALITY?
Are you open to launch in this adventure during an intense week with people from different countries and backgrounds?
This is an invitation for you to take a step out from your comfort zone and take action, experiencing and reflecting upon active citizenship values through unusual methods!
Here we collect and present important information to live this experience.
ERASMUS+ and YE:
This project is a Youth Exchange (an experience that allow groups of young people from different countries to meet, live together and work on specific topics) part of the european program Erasmus + that support education, training, youth and sport in Europe.
THE OBJECTIVES AND TARGETS OF THE PROJECT:
- Living together means to be able to speak up, to LISTEN to each other, and to generate HARMONY out of all the richness of all of our different VOICES.
- RESOUNDING CITIZENSHIP comes from the idea of exploring and experiencing what it takes to bring about ACTIVE CITIZENSHIP throughout different contexts and communities. So, why not exploring these values with our bodies and ears, through the universal language of the inherent human musicality that beats within everyone?
- During the sessions of the Youth Exchange, you will have the opportunity to experiment a new way of working on topics such as EMPATHY, ACTIVE LISTENING, SELF-KNOWLEDGE, at the same time as you will be able to explore your ability to HEAR, to play with SOUNDS, and to CREATE together!
- the ye will also be a starting point for you to envision and plan, with the support of our partners, an action or activity to carry out in your own community in the months following the exchange.
WHO IS YUPI?
YUPI is a NGO based in Famalicão (porto – portugal), composed of 300 youngsters under 30 years old with strong motivations to participate actively in the civic society and cooperate with the local community, broadening their activities to an European dimension. YUPI organizes Youth Exchanges as well as many other kinds of activities to foster awareness and effective practices on topics such as gender equality, human rights, active citizenship, by use of non formal education methods.
- Between 18 and 30 years old
- Open-minded and interested in the topic of ACTIVE CITIZENSHIP
- Active in your own local community (taking initiative and participating in cultural acitivities, sports, education, activism, religious groups, nature, or any other kind of formal and non-formal gatherings and organizations…)
- Curious, enthusiast and life-hungry!
- Willing to put in practice what you will learn in your own community and daily life
- the format of youth exchanges does not normally envolve that the participants replicate actions at a local level as a mandatory aspect. however, all the partner associations in resounding citizenship think that the process of taking initiative in one’s own community is a great chance to give strength and shape to what they may discover or learn during the exchange, and a wonderful opportunity to bring about active citizenship.
- For this reason, being a proactive person at any level and in any way in your own community will be regarded as a very distinctive aspect in your profile!
- important! – you don’t need to have any special musical skills, musical education or singing abilities. having a beating heart is already a lot!
WHO ARE THE PROJECT’S PARTNER ASSOCIATIONS?
BANGHERANG – ITALY (BOLOGNA)
Bangherang is an organization created in 2020 from the merge of 2 youth associations. The basic goal of Bangherang is to foster youth protagonism through non formal education methodologies adapted in many different fields of participation to democratic life. Bangherang works both local and European level fostering values of active citizienship trough many different projects.
KRIK – NORTH MACEDONIA (SKOPJE)
Centre for youth activism KRIK is a non-governmental, non profit organization established and led by young people, giving voice young people to make changes and contributions in the society. KRIK strives to encourage greater youth participation, youth activism, and young people inclusion in policy-making processes. krik works on matters such as ecology, critical thinking and communicative skills, as well as the well-being of the socially excluded groups.
MUNDUS – SPAIN (BARCELONA)
Asociación Mundus is a non-profit organization established in 2013 in Spain and based in Santa Coloma de Gramenet (Barcelona), Girona and Zaragoza. Mundus aim is to promote intercultural learning, volunteering and non-formal education. the main activities of Mundus consist in managing international training and mobility projects like internships, volunteering, youth exchanges and training courses. Mundus strongly believes that values such as lifelong learning education and intercultural dialogue can benefit of international mobility as a tool to build an inclusive, equalitarian and intercultural society.
- the YE will take part in Portugal at Quinta da Costa, a charming old family country HOUSE built in the 15th century near the city of Famalicão, in the region of Porto.
- You will be accomodated in two 25-bed dorm rooms in a MODERN building surrounded by trees, fruit plantations, a small natural stream, and a swimming pool.
- the activities will take palce in a very large and luminous living room at the upper floor of the building, AND IN THE WONDERFUL SURROUNDINGS
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
- may 3rd – arrival day, all the participants reach the venue starting from 16h00 gmt+0
- may 4th – may 9th resounding citizenship youth exchange activities
- may 10th- departure day, all the participants leave the venue before 12h00 gmt+0
- the daily activities will be generally divided in two sessions with two ‘coffee breaks’ (morning and afternoon) and a longer lunch break. on day 6th of may there will be a trip to the city of porto, during which the lunch will be provided and some time will be available for sightseeing
- the activity plan will consist in activities of many different kinds, carried out either individually, in pairs, in small groups, or with the whole group, through which we will reflect, work and debate collectively on awareness, self-knowledge, empathy, active listening, digitalization.
- you will be spending a whole week with people from different countries you hadn’t met before. only a part of this time will be structured, so, come prepared! we suggest you to think about and bring anything you may want to share with the people that will live this experience with you.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The youth exchange is funded through Erasmus+ Program. Thus accommodation, food, planned workshops and pedagogical equipment are fully covered from May th 3rd (check-in from 16h00 gmt+0) to May, the 10th (check-out before 12h00 gmt+o). Any expense incurred before or after these dates or linked to extra activities/leisure will be yours.
Likewise, your travel costs to reach the venue and go back to your country, up to the maximum allowed amount and in a time-frame of maximum 2 days before and 2 days after the training course, will be fully reimbursed after attending the totality of the YE, IF AND ONLY IF you will provide all the invoices related to the expenses!
According to the Erasmus+ Program regulations, the financial contributions to your travel costs will have a total maximum amount of:
North Macedonia: 360€
You can come either by plane, train, boat or bus, depending on
your availability and ethics, but remember that e can reimburse only public transportation, 2nd class fares.
Taxi is not refundable.
IMPORTANT: For the reimbursement, you will need to give to your sending organization:
1/ An invoice with the itinerary of your trip, the names of the passenger(s) and, very important, the price of the ticket. In case a problem happens with the invoice, we will accept the e-tickets if they include all of the mentioned information.
2/ All your original travel tickets and receipts (train, boat, bus tickets with the price on it, boarding passes, etc.).
SOME THINGS WORTH
The stamped ticket/boarding pass is a very important
document, the only evidence that you took the flight / train / bus / boat, and is required by National Agency of Erasmus+ for reimbursement. If you use your mobile phone don’t forget to printscreen the boarding pass, because the link can expire and in case you lose access we may not be able to reimburse you.
Likewise, you have to provide an invoice of your eventual Covid tests. it will be your responsibility to take good care of all those documents and to give them on time to your sending organization. If you take a picture of the documents please take care that they are not folded and to put a blank paper behind!
Be aware that we cannot provide reimbursement of ANY of your travel expenses if a document is missing. If you loose any of your tickets, boarding passes or invoices, your travel costs will not be supported at all.
Only when the sending organization has all the documents from all the participants from your country, money transfers will be done, from your sending organization to you. This can take from one to three months depending on how fast all the documents are gathered.
portugal time zone is gmt, meaning that if it’s 15h00 in rome, barcelona and skopje, it will be 14h00 in lisbon and porto!
from Porto airport (Aeroporto Francisco Sá Carneiro):
metro (airport -> trindade -> são bento train station) [30′-40’/2€] >>> train to Mouquim station [45’/2,70€] >>> 1,8km walk from the station to the Venue (Quinta da Costa, Rua da Costa 771, 4770-357)
follow the metro signals from inside the airport. Get to the automatic ticketing machines near the metro dock, buy your “Andante” rechargeable metro ticket and charge it with a “Z4” metro ticket (cost: 2€, payable with cash or credit card). Don’t get rid of it! You will need it during your backtrip.
you can also fly to lisbon and take a bus or train to porto if it fits you well. once in porto you will have to get to são bento train station or campanhã train station in
order to take the train to mouquim
info on trains —> https://www.cp.pt/passageiros/en
info on porto metro —> https://en.metrodoporto.pt/
Obtaining a full insurance (travel risks, medical, injuries) included in the maximum travel budget is your responsibility. Providing us information on your special needs does not remove your personal responsibility for ensuring your own health and safety. Therefore, we strongly recommend you to subscribe to a European medical insurance in case you are not under coverage of the european health system, and to carry your european security card if you are. We will contact skilled doctors and bring you to the pharmacy or to the hospital if needed but we will not cover your fees.
Please notice that it is your responsibility to verify the state of the rules on covid-19 testing and/or vaccine certificate travel policies. Covid-19 tests will be reimbursed if mandatory for travel only if you can provide an invoice.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO DO?
As a participant, you commit yourself to actively participate in the whole process, including:
– to read all the information carefully (especially this infopack and all the emails we will send you before your coming) and communicate timely with the organizers
– to prepare your mind, body and imagination for a rich and intense week within a 30-people group
– to take actively part in the full duration of the activities (it means coming later or leaving earlier is not possible)
– to give all the necessary documents to your sending organization (travel invoices, boarding passes, tickets, covid tests invoices…) for the reimbursement of your travel costs
– to participate in the evaluation process after the exchange and, if it’s the case, to share eventual actions following the ye in your local commmunity
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO BRING?
- northern portugal can be rainy & cold even during the summer. have a look at the weather reports before departure and anyway bring some warm and waterproof clothes and shoes to be prepared to the somewhat unpredictable changes of the weather in the region.
- don’t forget to bring your own towels, a pair of slippers and your own toothpaste and soap/shampoo. there is a swimming pool, so don’t forget to bring your swimsuit!
- during one of the nights, we will do a sarau: everybody will be free to share and show poetry, literature, music, dance, photographs or anything that you feel might enter the circle. bring your favourite books, your musical instrument, or any other object/record you feel you want to have with you in that occasion.
- you will be staying very far form any supermarket, you should bring anything you need for the whole stay, from medicines to your favourite herbal infusion.
- feel free to bring games, music, other entertainment items to enjoy and share during the stay with the other participants!
FOOD AND DIET
During the Youth exchange all the meals will be vegetarian.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided. the meals will be cooked at the venue by Beijaflor Cantine (check it out –> www.facebook.com/beijaflorcantine) If you are not used to do without meat, we really hope that you will embrace this as an opportunity for a new experience!
Good to know: Alcohol is not included in the daily diet. Your drinks will be at your charge.
OK THEN… HOW TO APPLY?
To attend the youth exchange, you have to fill the application form.
FOR ANY MORE INFORMATION AND QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT US at [email protected]!