The Programme Assistant (Sexual and Reproductive Health and Gender Based Violence) position is located in UNFPA North Macedonia Country Office. Under the direct guidance and supervision of the SRH Program Analysts, the Programme Assistant assists in implementation of the UNFPA Country Programme in North Macedonia. The Programme Assistant is a part of a team, which provides integrated programme and operational support within systems strengthening approach fundamental to UNFPA’s overall strategy. The Programme Assistant provides programme, administrative and logistical support to the programme and operations team in the implementation of the Country Programme Document 2021 – 2025.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the leading UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
You will be part of the team of the Country Office in North Macedonia and will provide continuous support in the implementation of the programme priorities on sexual and reproductive health and gender based violence. You will play an instrumental role in supporting the management and coordination of the planned activities. You will apply the existing systems and procedures in order to ensure achieving the goals.
You would be responsible for:
- Providing programmatic and administrative support in the formulation and implementation of the Sexual and Reproductive Health and Gender Based Violence country programme components and component projects;
- Contributing to the preparation of programme and financial reports by collecting information, preparing tables, drafting selected sections of the report etc.
- Assists with programmes related procurement of services/goods and ensures that procurement is in accordance with UNFPA Procurement Procedures;
- Compiles relevant background materials and prepares briefs and summaries if requested.
- Supporting the evaluation of project and programme activities, supporting assessments processes and organizing field visits; participating in review meetings and supporting evaluation missions and preparing regular updates.
- Supporting the administrative and financial implementation of assigned projects, in coordination with national counterparts and project personnel, keeping track of delivery of project inputs; and providing logistical and administrative support in the participation of national counterparts in training activities and study tours.
- Arranges programmes meetings, including Ensures quality and completeness of filing of programmes documents.
- Providing administrative support to programs/projects helping organize meetings, workshops and events; organizing the venue, preparing draft minutes of programmes meetings, communicating draft minutes to the participants and receiving feedback.
- Assists in the archiving, filing, and maintenance of up to date electronic mailing lists on programme and technical matters.
- Undertakes all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements required for the successful planning and delivery of technical workshops, inter-agency meetings, panel discussions, roundtables, missions, and other events organized by the program leads in close collaboration with the operations team.
- Assisting project personnel and staff on national execution and programme policies and procedures as needed.
- Supporting advocacy and resource mobilization efforts of the CO, by preparing a database of donor and public information contacts. Assisting with organizing and conducting donor meetings and public information events, including compiling relevant background material for these events.
- Supporting the coordination and implementation of knowledge management strategies and activities.
- In coordination with designated UNFPA North Macedonia Country Office’s Monitoring and Evaluation focal point collecting and processing information relevant to programmes monitoring and evaluation and programmes indicators.
- Translating and drafting letters and other programmes documents as well as provides translation, as may be assigned by country office management;
- Providing other administrative support to programme staff
Qualifications and Experience:
Completed secondary level education required. First level university degree desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Five years of previous in professional experience in programme/ project administration and/ormanagement;
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills;
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office programmes;
- Experience in using corporate programme & financial management software (e.g. Atlas/PeopleSoft, other EPR and / or G Suite is an asset);
- Experience with international organizations (UN, development agencies, international NGOs or other), particularly in areas relevant for UNFPA mandate will be considered an asset
Language proficiency in both written and oral English and Macedonian. Knowledge of other local languages shall be considered an asset.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
Please apply on the following link: