The Programme Analyst Communications and Resource Mobilisation position is located in UNFPA North Macedonia Country Office (CO) and reports to the UNFPA Head of Office. The Program Analyst Communications and Resource Mobilisation advises on and leads in developing and implementation of Communication, Advocacy and Resource Mobilisation Strategies of the Country Office. This will be achieved through wide consultations within the office and the main partners of UNFPA in the country and through analyzing relevant political, social and economic developments.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the leading UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Communications and Resource Mobilization Officer is responsible for convening the design, planning, execution, and monitoring of communication and resource mobilization strategies to promote and support UNFPA’s mission in the country. He/she supports the management of a network of partners and alliances to support the UNFPA programme, and employs resource mobilization tools to support the fundraising efforts of the Country Office. The Officer is a member of relevant working groups and fora within the UN system.
The Communications and Resource Mobilization Officer will lead the Country Office
communications team towards increased visibility and brand recognition among the national stakeholders, civil society, professional associations and the donor community, using social media channels, traditional communication channels/tools and networking. The Programme Analyst will maintain collaborative relationships within UNFPA, at all levels, as well as with partners, such as UN agencies in the country; national partners, including government agencies, international CSOs, experts, academia, private sector, professional associations, etc.; donors, etc.
You would be responsible for:
- In collaboration with UNFPA Regional Office as well as Headquarters, Government counterparts, NGOs and other partners, contributing to the design and implementation of the country programme and its component projects, aligning with Government priorities and UNFPA programme policies and procedures.
- Establishing collaborative relationships with executing agencies, experts, government counterparts and other UN agencies to facilitate timely and efficient delivery of project inputs.
- Performing “Buyer” profile functions in the corporate programme and financial management software (Atlas).
- Carrying out other duties and responsibilities as may be required, in consultation / guidance by the management.
- Supporting the development of a communications and advocacy strategy to position issues pertaining to UNFPA’s mandate into the public domain addressing gaps in communication and strengthen political will in support to the achievement of 2030 Agenda and UNFPA transformative results;
- Developing and implementing a work plan for communication activities, monitoring compliance and providing support and guidance to ensure objectives are met. Assisting in drafting and editing articles, press releases, human interest stories, social media content and other advocacy/information materials. Planning and monitoring the use of communication budgetary resources;
- Collaborating with other offices of the region in implementing the communication strategies and monitoring relevant communications touching on and affecting the work of the organization;
- Providing analysis and communications guidance to the Country Office through scanning and reporting of political, social and economic environment relevant to UNFPA activities;
- Maintaining close collaboration with media through various activities, including, but not limited to visits to project sites, facilitating photo coverage and TV footage, and utilizing both traditional and new media when appropriate to generate and maintain public interest in issues pertaining to UNFPA’s mandate, and tell the story of UNFPA’s cooperation to a wider audience;
- Supporting the development of partnerships with individuals, groups, organizations and institutions whose support is essential to the achievement of advocacy and communication objectives, and strengthening their capacity through appropriate advocacy and communication training and access to updated information;
- Maintaining UNFPA Country Office website and social media presence;
- Participating in, and supporting the work of the UN Communications Group in the country and other internal regional and/or global working groups and initiatives;
- Assisting the Regional Office and HQ in identifying and obtaining feature stories and other material to facilitate global/regional advocacy and fund-raising activities;
- Analyzing and interpreting the donor and partner environment relevant to sexual and reproductive health, gender based violence, population and development and humanitarian assistance, and identifying opportunities for UNFPA assistance and intervention. Keeping abreast of new policy developments and strategies analyzing policy papers, donor strategy documents, national plans, development frameworks and funding opportunities, and preparing briefs and inputs for partner and donor dialogue.
- Contributing to the effective implementation of Country Office’s Resource Mobilization and Strategic Partnerships Strategy by i) identifying opportunities for UNFPA’s strategic engagement with donors and partners; and (iii) developing outreach efforts to the donors and partners.
- Ensuring UNFPA’s due-diligence screening process on all stakeholders and ensuring UNFPA is in line with exclusionary criteria and other policies issued by the UN Secretariat for due diligence.
- Managing partnerships with the stakeholders to achieve excellence in relationships keeping, management of the partnerships, and feedback in order to ensure increase in the number of partners and in the quality of partnerships, loyalty of partners and visibility of partnerships.
- Consolidating awareness among UNFPA staff at CO for strengthening capacity to develop and manage effective partnerships and donor relations.
- Assisting advocacy efforts of CO by preparing relevant documentation, i.e. project summaries, conference papers, speeches, donor profiles, and participating in donor meetings and public information events and collaborating/coordinating efforts closely on such related fields as communication, media outreach and advocacy.
Qualifications and Experience:
Advanced university degree in Media Relations, Journalism, Publishing, Social Sciences, Communications, Public / International Relations, Political Sciences or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least two years professional experience in the field of Communications and Resource Mobilization;
- Experience in programme/ project management;
- Practical experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of projects in Communications Resource Mobilization;
- Experience using office software packages and web-based management systems.
- Experience with international organizations (UN, development agencies, international NGOs or other), particularly in areas relevant for UNFPA mandate will be considered an asset.
Language proficiency in both written and oral English and Macedonian. Knowledge of other local languages shall be considered an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilisation
- Creating visibility for UNFPA/ supporting UNFPA’s capacity to advocate;
- Global leadership and advocacy for ICPD;
- Mobilizing resources
- Leading global /regional/country advocacy for organizational priorities
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact
- Providing strategic focus,
- Engaging in internal/external partners and stakeholders,
- Leading, developing and empowering people, creating a culture of performance
- Making decisions and exercising judgment
Compensation and Benefits:
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits as applicable.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
Please apply on the following link: