Starting date: 15.06.2022
- Summer 2022
1. Marketing Assistant: * Get involved in marketing plan: good at social media or any marketing ideas. * They have a website: www.hagiangresponsibletourism.com, supported by YESD Social Enterprise but they have no marketing skills.2. Design and Education project: We are supporting Thon Tha Agriculture and Tourism Cooperative to run a small workshop of handicraft embroidery products where next generation can learn about their culture and preserve their core values. * create eco-friendly handmade products for tourists that are based on indigenous cultures and values. * Eco-tours. * Eco-food * Building capacity for local staff, especially the young generation to reserve traditional cultures and values BY + Teaching them English. + Raise awareness to maintain their own language and tradition.3. Environment Management Assistant: We run responsible tourism because we would love to bring an authentic Vietnam to our friends (both local and internationals) But recently when massive tourism has boomed, that cause many headache problems on the environment. YESD Social Enterprise opened some workshops to encourage the local people to protect the planet. * Find-out environmental issues around the area. * Promote 3R circle (reuse-recycle-recycle – reduce) to local citizens and out-side visitors. * Garbage disposal. * Educational workshop about protecting the planet with local kids: Organizing summer camps.
Qualification & prerequisites
- Solid knowledge of environmental science (especially in plastic pollution)
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Experience developing written content on sustainability-linked themes or topics in
- research skills
- people skills, known for being a good listener, taking feedback well,
- generating actionable insights
- MS Office
- data visualisation
- Self-motivated and ability to manage your own time
- A ‘can do’ attitude and a flexible approach to work demands
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Visa & travel arrangements
Due to the current situation all of volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated with one of the vaccines. Sinovac (Chinese vaccine) are not highly recommended because of its side-effects. It is important to bring the vaccination certificates. Information on Covid-19 restrictions can be found here.
Visa procedure takes usually 1 -3 month.
The sending and hosting organisation will give further information to the volunteers.
The Centre for Supporting Green Development (GreenHub) is a Vietnamese, civil society organization under the Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations (Vusta) with oversight by the Ministry of Science & Technology, and with an CSO Registration Number A1555. GreenHub’s Vision is the green development of Vietnam, and its mission is to connect communities and resources to embrace green lifestyle practices, sustainable production and nature conservation.
The “Local Solutions for Plastic Pollution” (LSPP) funded by the USAID addresses the challenges faced by local communities in overcoming the negative environmental health impacts caused by plastics pollution which is increasing in Vietnam. Vietnam is listed as 1 of the top 5 plastic waste polluters of the world’s oceans, discharging 0.28 – 0.73 million tons annually. While plastics pollution is increasingly receiving policy attention at the national level, local empowerment of actors at the local level is needed to collaborate, take collective action, change behaviors and advocate for policies based on solid environmental, health and community evidence. To develop
and sustain solutions, the use of information technology is essential. However, there is no central or local initiative or internet-based platform on plastics pollution and its environmental health impacts in Vietnam for actors to interact and network, nor mobile solutions (mHealth) to deliver environmental health education, reliable plastic waste community information, and support collective action to prioritize action, create and share online solutions. The ‘Local Solutions for Plastic Pollution’ project activities aim to empower local communities to reduce plastics pollution by building collective action from the ground up by creating, strengthening and uniting networks, communities and individuals in Hanoi, Ha Long (Quang Ninh), Da Nang, and Hoi An (Quang Nam). The project duration is August 2020 – July 2023 and implemented by GreenHub, the Institute of Strategy and Policy on Natural Resources and Environment (MONRE), Hanoi University of Public Health, and Global Integrated Management System Company Limited (GIMASYS).
How to apply?
Fill in this form APPLICATION FORM