We are looking for volunteers who are ready for a journey in Gaziantep, Turkey and help us in our voluntary life at the field of disadvantaged youth, education for children, integration, social inclusion, gamification and self development. Right now there are thousands of Syrian and Local kids, teenagers and youth as well as people under temporary protection and migrants in Gaziantep who need attention and non formal education activities.
When: 01/02/2022 – 02/04/2022
Where: Gaziantep city, Turkey
Tasks of the volunteer:
- To arrange youth campaigns and workshops about human rights, environment, climate change, social cohesion, intercultural dialogue, Covid – 19, digital competences, life quality and Erasmus+ and European Opportunities
- To join and lead the non formal education activities with kids and youth
- To keep social media pages and promotion
- To motivate and educate disadvantaged kids/youth, moreover people with disabilities
- To lead the English workshops with local youth
- To attend Turkish and Arabic language courses given by local volunteers
- Organize intercultural evenings
- Volunteers have a chance for open source and might contribute their own ideas and workshops
- Outdoor environmental campaigns, planting trees, cleaning forest
Our facilities consist of 3 buildings with basements, common gardens, kitchens, laundry, bedrooms and living rooms, space for volunteers to work with wi-fi, winter with heather system in each room. The rooms are double/triple.
Apart of the accommodation for volunteers, we have our GEGED NGO Office for all the administrative work. The rooms for volunteers are fully furnitured with pillows, blankets, sheets, but please bring your own hygienic stuff and towel for your own usage.
Our location is in the city center, so you reach the most important daily spots by walk.
Food and Pocket Money Allowance
We deliver 400TL food allowance to volunteers monthly in Turkish Lira. Pocket allowance is calculated on a daily basis of actual project duration. This amount will be 4 EU per day, in accordance with the agreement.
If you are interested and would like to apply please send us your CV and Motivational Letter on the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Fаcebook page of the hosting organization: https://www.facebook.com/gegedorg