Position: American Corner Programming and Activities Specialist
Location: American Corner Skopje
Opening date: November 18, 2020 Closing date: December 2, 2020 Start Date: December 16, 2020
The American Corner in Skopje is seeking a reliable, responsible individual with strong communication and program design skills to fill the full-time position of American Corner Skopje Programming and Activities Specialist.
Summary: The American Corners North Macedonia provide information about the United States and encourage dialogue and cooperation between the people of the United States and of the Republic of North Macedonia through learning and professional development opportunities, cultural exchange activities, and the sharing of information resources. The American Corners serve as venues for speeches, discussions, film or video showings, holiday celebrations, English language conversation groups, meetings of people who have studied or traveled in the United States, programs for professional and educational development in an American-style learning environment, and other events as scheduled. The American Corners are supported by the U.S. Department of State and administered through the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Skopje. The Corners also provide access to a collection of books, audio-visual materials, periodicals, online resources, and other information about the United States in English. American Corner personnel assist visitors, design and implement programs to enhance mutual understanding between the United States and North Macedonia, and maintain and safeguard materials, equipment and the premises.
• Create, design, and organize programs and events for American Corner Skopje in cooperation with the other American Corner staff and the U.S. Embassy, with particular emphasis on programs involving science and technology, young people, education, English language learning, and other programs with relevance to U.S. foreign policy goals. This includes planning outreach activities to reach relevant local audiences.
• Prepare venues, promotional material, handouts, logistics, social media content, etc., for programs and events.
• Establish and maintain ties with other American Corners, English language libraries, universities, cultural centers, and similar institutions, and identifying new potential partners around Macedonia.
• Perform other duties and conduct special projects as assigned.
• Serve as a TOEFL and GRE test administrator. Note: TOEFL and GRE test administrator training will be provided.
• Create and design digital promotional products – posters, flyers and virtual content for the American Corner Skopje social media pages and the official website
• Ensure timely and effective communication with American Corner Skopje members through answering different email inquires
• Provide detailed information on the work and content of programs to interested ACS members and visitors at the Corner
• Innovative approach to program design adapted to the ACNM annual programming plan and strategy
• Relevant marketing and social media experience is preferred. Relevant experience may include a demonstrated ability to use basic graphic design software, webpage design software, or other technical computer skills for advertising and event organizing. Experience managing content for organizational or business social media accounts is a plus.
• Enthusiastic interest in organizing and publicizing events for young adults is required. Experience planning events and conducting outreach to audiences is preferred.
• A demonstrated ability to build a network of contacts and volunteers across a wide range of fields and demographic groups and then incorporate those contacts into an organization’s activities.
• Competency and experience facilitating and participating in group activities. Must be able to work with people from diverse backgrounds, including youth, adults, elderly and individuals with disabilities.
• Ability to prepare and update written reports and correspondence.
• Excellent demonstrated customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively, clearly, and appropriately with colleagues, external stakeholders, potential visitors, and the general public orally and in writing.
• Knowledge of the history, values, society, culture, and education of the United States of America.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in both English and Macedonian. Effective communication in Albanian language is preferred but not required.
• University degree is required.
• Excellent advanced computer skills, including excellent ability to use Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
WORKING HOURS: Full time (approximately 40-hours per week, schedule may vary) position on a yearly renewal. Net monthly salary: 600$. Probation period: 3 months.
Starting date: December 16, 2020
To Apply: Interested candidates for this position should submit a CV or resume and cover letter to [email protected] with an email subject line reading “ACS Programming and Activities Specialist” Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.